05 January 2009

Friends Do

A precious friend of mine wrote and sent me this letter dated 04 jan 2009:

i was walking in bryce canyon today. 
years ago.
and i sat under a ponderosa pine tree. 
on a bench. on a solid bench. 
i looked up while the snow fell on my face. 
the sky was covered in grey. 
the snow stopped. 
and a ray of sunshine fell upon my face
to warm it. 
to let me know that i needed to be strong for you. 
that i needed to be there for you. 
to connect us. 
she was saying it was ok. 
she wanted me to tell you
that she was where she needed to be. 
even though she couldn't be there for you. 
and then the sky was covered again
as quickly as it had broken. 
i walked up that canyon. maybe. 
i don't remember. 
i may have floated to the top. 
maybe i was carried. 
she was always that strong. 
just like you. 

--Jay B.

No comments: