01 January 2009

Open-ended Invitation for 2009

Please send stuff for me to post on Dirt Bombs.  

I'm soliciting original stories, poems, articles, digital images (photography and art, comic strips and political cartoons), letters, essays, philosophy, music, short film--anything else you think of.  Something new or something old.  I want material that will inspire ideas and motivation for future posts and that may evoke a laugh or epiphany in Dirt Bombs readers.  

I'm specifically looking for pieces concerning your attitudes towards and experiences with boys,  growing up, nature, parenthood, public policy, sports, and/or education.  I try to keep Dirt Bombs posts under 400ish words.  But if it's off the hook, feel free to send as much as you like.

One more thing:  I pledge to give you credit however you would like or to preserve your anonymity if that's what you would prefer.  

Here's how it will work:  Email your piece to thelabyrinthmagazine@gmail.com, preferably as a Word or Pages document attachment.  You and/or I will work up a discreet little introduction of some sort (or not).  I'll send it back to you as it will appear on the site for your final approval.  And then, and only then, after you give me the go-ahead, I'll post it to the blog.  If I decide not to post your stuff, I'll try to give you some feedback as to why. 

I even have a long term goal for this.  Using the sweet, new graphic design/publishing software(CS3) I got at school for the fine arts magazine I sponsor and a goodbuddy-printer-friend here in LR, I plan to design and publish a "best posts of the year magazine" and mail out copies to its contributers.  All for fun!  Course, I am what I am so it may never materialize, but you have to admit, it is a neat goal.  

Imagine, you could be a published author!

--MJF

No comments: