28 December 2009

Dreamin' Like Joseph

H and I went to see Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat Saturday evening with some friends. It was my first time at the theater in over a year; H hadn't been since college.

I came away with a couple of things to write about:
  • Live theater is enthralling. We used to go regularly in college to support Drama Major-friends and to accumulate "green cards" required for graduation at MHC. On the drive home, we both vowed to go back at least a couple'times a year from now on.
  • And this particular production was a hoot! Austin Miller played Joseph. (H and I recognized him because we're devotees of Mad TV.) Also, a former student of mine from both Dunbar Middle and Central High, Katye Dunn, played her first professional role as Mrs. Potiphar, the temptress. Let's just say she stole the scene.
  • In preparation for the show, I got a Sunday School lesson from Dad on the story of Joseph and his coat of many colors. Genesis 37-50. You ought to read it! Here's the King James Version. I hope to write more about this later.
  • I've been dreamin' like crazy for the last two nights. Maybe God touched me at the show, and I have the gift now.

No comments: