25 August 2011

Foster Child


This is "pretty girl." She's been roaming our neighborhood this whole week with no collar, and Bookie and I have stopped to say hello every morning as we passed on the morning walk. No one I've talked to has seen her around before. Well today, she came home with me. I gave her a bath and fed her and let her lie down in the air conditioning all evening. Gonna do everything I can to find her family. I've put messages up on all the local websites, and I'm printing signs tomorrow, but I got a bad feeling she was dropped off, abandoned, at the Mount Holly Cemetery last weekend, where she's been hanging out for the most part. I think she's uh-oh-prego...

I promised her when I took her in that if her family is up tonight crying and missing her, we're gonna find them and get them back together. But if some sorry joker dumped this sweet, beautiful, smart, pregnant dog at the cemetery, we're gonna take real good care of her.

1 comment:

matfst said...

Bad news: no microchip; no nibbles on all the advertising we've done.

Good news: not pregnant.