14 December 2008

Ain't Nothing But A G Thang, Baby

So a couple of people have already responded with horror at the thought of this situation.  I should probably make a couple of clarifications:

1) I want this blog to reflect my thoughts and attitudes towards parenting, teaching, life, art, nature, politics, etc.
2) I write fiction sometimes.

Whether this is a true story or not doesn't change the fact that if someone were to report a situation like Big G's to the authorities, and the appropriate authorities actually were to do some concrete thing about it (which would be very unlikely by my experience) if someone were to do that something very bad would happen to him.  

So now tell me what to do.

--MJF

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The first thing you should do is listen very attentively to the still small voice in your head. Or is it? Maybe it comes from right out of the center of your heart, partially clogged with butter and Crisco, pounding through your sleepless nights. Or even, that voice could be your own, a shared harmony with your maker. Will you resist the urge to improvise your own lead? Or just be able to listen a moment to know what must be done?

Seems to me the difficulty becomes conveying the significance of the 30 years to someone barely more than 1/2 of that for all his days. You should teach a lesson about how long 30 years is. How much can happen. How much stands to be lost.

That, and the still, small voice, that's about what I've got for you Foster.