20 September 2011

Note to My Cardinals Fans

Kyle Lohse outpitched Roy Halladay as the Cards beat the Phillies on Monday night to pull the Cards within two-and-a-half games of the Wildcard. The Braves, with both aces Jair Jar-Jar Jurrjens and Tommy Gun Hanson on the DL, are fading faster than a summer tide. The Braves's magic number is 7. This is starting to become painful to watch. Excruciatingly nerve-racking, like watching a bull that's already been slain fight to the bitter end as the evil crowd cheers. I still believe, but damn. If we hold ya'll off, it's looking like it might have to be without two of the best pitchers in the N.L. Not good.

As always, I remind you that I love the Cards, and if it has to be anyone to do it, I want it to be them. So just keep that in mind as you're gloating like a horny goat. I'll buy the damn Moylan's Kilt-lifter Scotch-style ale for you if you win, and I'll watch you drink it. (I made a stupid bet with my tennis team captain.) And I'll cheer for your boys to go all the way if it happens.

But if the Braves eek it out, and they get the Gun and Jar-Jar back, we could make a run that we'll all remember for the rest of our lives. Chipper Jones, bottom of the 9th, Game 7 of the World Series, on one leg a la Kirk Gibson, cue The Natural soundtrack, bases loaded, down by 3...

Go Braves!!!!

1 comment:

matfst said...

Magic number: 6!